My friend and co-blogger Jason Baptiste tweeted this earlier tonight: “Good news: I”m way better at entrepreneurship than dating. Bad news: I’m way better at entrepreneurship than dating.”
That got me to thinking (always a dangerous thing). So, here's some late night fun.
11 Ways Dating Is Like Starting A Company
1. In the beginning, you have no freakin’ idea what you’re doing.
2. You don’t have to do it a lot to win. You just have to get it right once.
3. You shouldn’t be going into it just to score.
4. You might have to weed through a bunch of opportunities before you find the right one.
5. If you meet interesting people and have fun in the process, it’s never a failure.
6. Trying to be someone other than yourself is a sure path to failure.
7. Everyone’s going to have advice — even those that haven’t done it well.
8. It’s a process of self discovery. And self torture.
9. You run the risk of being kicked in the face.
10. Success is not about beating the competition — it’s about beating the odds.
11. The ultimate goal is to create something that endures.
Do you have any of your own? Feel free to play along in the comments.