My friend and co-blogger Jason Baptiste tweeted this earlier tonight: “Good news: I”m way better at entrepreneurship than dating. Bad news: I’m way better at entrepreneurship than dating.”
That got me to thinking (always a dangerous thing). So, here's some late night fun.
11 Ways Dating Is Like Starting A Company
1. In the beginning, you have no freakin’ idea what you’re doing.
2. You don’t have to do it a lot to win. You just have to get it right once.
3. You shouldn’t be going into it just to score.
4. You might have to weed through a bunch of opportunities before you find the right one.
5. If you meet interesting people and have fun in the process, it’s never a failure.
6. Trying to be someone other than yourself is a sure path to failure.
7. Everyone’s going to have advice — even those that haven’t done it well.
8. It’s a process of self discovery. And self torture.
9. You run the risk of being kicked in the face.
10. Success is not about beating the competition — it’s about beating the odds.
11. The ultimate goal is to create something that endures.
Do you have any of your own? Feel free to play along in the comments.
Like this article? You can now find more popular articles as part of the LinkedIn Influencers program.
comments powered by