Another great place to find hip and cool startup jobs: http://www.greenhornconnect.com/jobboard/search
Working for someone else is not always the best solution: 1) You don't know where the startup you join might end up at.
- If you join a company pre-product market fit, then the company could very well pivot away from the area you are interested in or have it turn out that the industry isn't as appealing as it first seemed.
2) Founders are by definition athletes
- If you're going to start a company, you need to have a wide range of skills; it's breadth over depth. That means if you're truly in a position to build a company, but reverse course and join a company, your only bet is to join early. A post-product-market fit company will deem you too much of a generalist and even if they hire you, you won't learn the skills you need to found a company there anyways because your role will be specialized and buried under management layers.
3) Starting with an Idea isn't necessarily the best or only way
- There are plenty of good examples of companies that were started first by a group of people wanting to work together and then figuring out the right idea. Former Boston juggernaut DEC was founded under just those circumstances.
4) Customer Development provides new opportunities for idea generation
- Why worry about any of your own inspiration when you can go out and solve a real world problem someone will pay you to fix? Using customer development methodology, there's no reason to stress about a lack of your own idea. Go find a problem.
5) It doesn't have to be your idea
- Twitter was technically Jack Dorsey's idea and yet much of Odeo team was considered co founders and were there at its birth. There's not reason to let ego get in the way of working with others on a great idea that someone else came up with.
6) Startups are about solving problems. Results vary.
-Every startup is different. Some people spend months looking for a cofounder, others struggle for early customers. You can't always control what you'll struggle most with, but there's no reason to give up because you lack an idea anymore than you should give up because you lack anything else.
Startups are about how creative you can get in working through problems and how many walls you're willing to run through. If it was all easy, cookie-cutter and repeatable, you wouldn't need a genetic defect to want to do this stuff and the success rate would be much higher.
I did this before I started my start up, but I wish I took a more product role rather than business development role.
Ideas are everywhere and the people around you might be the first great source for generating great concepts. Here is a great roundup of sources on How to Bring Ideas to Life: http://www.moomkin.com/how-to-bring-ideas-to-life/
A must follow blog for all Start up Entrepreneurs & Aspiring Entrepreneurs
If you are a tech person, look around at the non-tech savvy crowd. What could speed up life for people in the grocery store? What kinds of services would really help you help out your grandmother? Someone who knows his/her way around a computer and knows how to keep ideas simple for the masses will probably find something.
One Of The Best Ways By Far To Tickle The Business Mind And Come Up With Good Ideas Is To Develop A "Elevator Pitch." In Fact It's An Art To Be Able To Define Your Business Model In 30 Seconds? What Is A "Elevator Pitch"? Wikipedia, the free online encyclopedia defines an elevator pitch (or elevator statement) as a short summary used to quickly and simply define a product, service, or organization and its value proposition.The name "elevator pitch" reflects the idea that it should be possible to deliver the summary in the time span of an elevator ride, or approximately thirty seconds to two minutes.
A variety of people, including project managers, salespeople, evangelists, and policy-makers commonly rehearse and use elevator pitches to get their point across quickly. An elevator pitch may be presented in oral, written, and video formats.
An elevator pitch is often used by an entrepreneur pitching an idea to a venture capitalist or angel investor to receive funding. Venture capitalists often judge the quality of an idea by the quality of its elevator pitch and will ask entrepreneurs for their elevator pitches in order to quickly weed out bad ideas and weak teams. Elevator pitches are also used in many other situations. Personal uses include job interviewing, dating, and summarizing professional services.
One Of The Most Critical Steps Missed By Most Businesses & Marketers Is Creating A Elevator Pitch.
The Pride Group
Discover The Importance Of An Elevator Pitch & Why You Should Have One: http://eCa.sh/KWv4
A of the many things that can come first in our minds when we say that the style of fashion sunglasses for women. Women because, for one thing, the style of fashion is sometimes complicated, since women are known for. Mode involves a combination of emotion, attitude, and the idea oakley oil rig sunglasses
of ??defining a clear sense of style. A woman on the other hand, is expressed as the more ambiguous? a man repeatedly does. And so it is especially and often women who are victims of fashion. The company can not blame them for any fa? It to be. It was for centuries at a time when oakley dispatch sunglasses
women's voices were suppressed. They were considered inferior to the character and ability, but the world has changed. Women have become powerful men can be. They flooded the kingdom where only men had thrived on before. Consequently, when the idea of ??fashion began to materiali oakley m frame sunglasses
ze, they have found a way to express themselves as freely beautiful as they could. Women became the most versatile in the transmission of art. They have become the subject of painters, the subject of artists and fashion designers. Women developed the go? T for her as they were oakley gascan sunglasses
born with the instinct for style. They learned to dig for it and can be very meticulous and picky about their appearance. Thus, they examine their appearance from head to toe. Even a simple pair of sunglasses, Oakley Sunglasses, cheap as can be so much trouble the eye bright to match cheap oakley goggles
the mood or they have held. Details, color, and the call are the features that they look carefully for just a pair of sunglasses wholesale wife. Those issues become expensive sunglasses have always been the priority that women are looking for them. Otherwise, the world of fashion oakley flak jacket sunglasses
sunglasses wholesale also emerged to offer a range of different styles, but for a low price to match the woman looks at all the choices and help them save money, like what the collections of many wholesalers online are women with different styles and attitudes. Women can choose customers oakley radar sunglasses
chic and stylish look to the fashion and glamor. There are also outgoing ladies who go to sporting chic styles that match the request of the occasion. All styles at the same time providing them with CAP and the attitude they want to exude. oakley frogskin glasses