A simple thanks to all the people that have made it possible for me to be an entrepreneur. There are few more fulfilling things in life than finding one's calling. And, for millions of entrepreneurs around the world, that's precisely what it is.
A special thanks to all the people that have joined existing startups and small businesses. Joining an existing effort requires risk and a degree of selfnessness. You are all entrepreneurs in my book for one simple reason: You're crazy enough to join a merry band of misfits even though it makes absolutely no sense. You're my kind of crazy. Cheers.
12 Things Entrepreneurs Should Be Thankful For
2. Getting to pick the exceptional people we work with.
3. An opportunity to add value, big or small, to people's lives.
4. Not having to ask permission to try something crazy.
5. The patience and understanding of our family and friends — especially when we likely don't deserve it.
6. Receiving payment for value delivered. There's no feeling like it.
7. The joy of seeing a sliver of light after some dark, dark, days.
8. The freedom to change what's not working. It's sometimes painful, but at least it's possible.
9. Not having to rationalize to your family and friends why you took that Wall Street investment banking job.
10. Day 2,743, when the world celebrates your “overnight success”
11. The pleasure of helping team members create memories and experiences that will last a lifetime. Most of them good.
12. The chance to try. To fail. To try again and flail around. Then, with some luck, to flourish.
Your turn. What do you think entrepreneurs should be thankful for?
Like this article? You can now find more popular articles as part of the LinkedIn Influencers program.
comments powered by